Sunday , January 24 2021

A woman dies after receiving an overdose of Botox in Hong Kong



Photo: Report / El Comercio

(Caracas, November 12, News24) .- A 52-year-old woman died this morning in Hong Kong after receiving an overdose of Botox in a cosmetic clinic, the third case of this kind in less than a month in China, the South China Morning Post reported.

Also read: TB, influenza and disease affect Central American migrants in the US

According to these media, the clinic's staff warned around 5 in the afternoon of Sunday that the woman, surnamed Cheung, was faint after Botox treatment.

After being transferred to a critical condition at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, health workers certified her death at 09.42 local time (01.42 GMT) on Monday.

According to police sources cited by the digital, the woman would have received more than ten Botox injections at the center, which has not yet been suggested for this.

Research has continued its course and so far no reservation has been made.

Botulinum toxin, known as Botox, It is a neurotoxin used as a treatment for certain neurological diseases and as a cosmetic product for the elimination of facial wrinkles.

However, in high doses it may cause progressive muscular paralysis, breathing difficulties and even death.

On November 1, a 41-year-old woman became ill in China after Botox treatment was given home, which caused a sense of weakness, soreness and difficulty in swallowing.

The next day, a 24-year-old girl was admitted to Queen Elizabeth's hospital after receiving an injection of neurotoxin, which caused nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath, according to the South China Morning Post.

Information from EFE


Published Publications:
100


Source link