Nintendo “Limited Time” Switch Release Super Mario 3D All-Stars received an exciting new update.
This adds support for the GameCube controller Super Mario Sunshine, so you can now play this particular game with the same controls as in the original game release. Of course, you must have access to a GameCube Controller adapter to access this feature.
There is also inverted camera support and various other general fixes to improve the whole package. Following are the full patch notes courtesy of Nintendo Support Page:
Ed. 1.1.0 (Released on November 16, 2020)
- Players can now reverse the camera controls on all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls found in the original GameCube version.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is only supported in TV mode.
- You will need the GameCube controller adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with the Nintendo Switch system. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
- Nintendo Switch Lite does not support this controller option.
- All buttons are displayed inside Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general corrections have been made to improve the overall game in all three titles.
What do you think of this latest Super Mario 3D All-Stars update? Do you notice anything else? Leave a comment below.