If absolutely need a new router today, there are many great choices in the market. But if your current device is good enough and it works, I'd advise you to postpone the upgrade. Why; There is a big change coming to the wireless internet – 802.11ax, also known as "Wi-Fi 6." Not only these new routers will potentially offer more bandwidth and bandwidth, but some will also offer WPA3 – the latest and greatest security standard.
Today, NETGEAR announces two upcoming Wi-Fi 6 routers – Nighthawk AX8 and AX12. Not just every model is packed with great specifications, but they also have the wild design. They look almost like shark fins protruding from both the right and the left. Are they excessive for most homes? Absolutely. Still, if you like the new and shiny things and you are willing to spend the top dollar to be early adopters, you will want to have a look.
READ ALSO: Wi-Fi gets a brilliant new designation
"A Wi-Fi 6 router can offer significant efficiency gains in your existing network and also helps existing WiFi devices to get faster. Enjoy a better home experience while viewing 4K, Ultra-HD movies, downloading large files and seamlessly use multiple smart devices with maximum WiFi coverage. The AX WiFi supports all current Wi-Fi devices and is backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and previous generations of WiFi devices, "says NETGEAR.
The company also says: "With more Wi-Fi streaming, increased bandwidth and faster encoding through MU-MIMO and 1024 QAM, AX WiFi offers much faster speeds more efficiently." The Pool or Skype from Your Garden Cabinet – Now it's easier than ever to keep fast and reliable connections on larger areas. "
NETGEAR shares the following details about the new 802.11ax Nightbowk routers below. You can click on the links to learn more.
WiFi Nighthawk 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Regulator (RAX80): This router is the industry's first multi-gig industry-leading home router, which is accomplished by bringing together two Gigabit Ethernet ports and is designed to deliver up to four times more data capacity than previous standards. AX WiFi has advanced technologies such as OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 160MHz channel support and 1024 QAM to greatly improve network performance
- 8-Stream AX WiFi with up to 6Gbps speeds
- Levels and OFDMA downlinks
- 4×4 MU-MIMO
- Powerful 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity for compatible mobile devices and laptop
- Two (2) USB 3.0 ports
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 40MHz, up to 1.2Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 160MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
- Six (6) 10/100/1000Mbps- (1 WAN & 5 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AX6000: The fast combined WiFi speeds of up to 6Gbps and the 64bit 2.2GHz AX quad-core processor optimized for smart home applications, ultra smooth UHD 4K streaming, online gaming and more. The AX WiFi is capable of multi-access orthogonal access (OFDMA) that dramatically increases network capacity compared to today's WiFi and reduces the delay for a better Wi-Fi experience, making it ideal for a household with many WiFi devices.
- 12-Stream AX WiFi with up to 6Gbps speeds
- OFDMA – Increased network capacity for more devices
- 8×8 MU-MIMO
- Extremely powerful quad-core 2.2GHz processor
- Multiple 5G / 2.5G / 1G Ethernet port
- Supports WPA3, the latest WiFi security protocol
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20 / 40MHz, up to 1.2Gbps
- 5GHz AX: 8×8 (Tx / Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/80 + 80MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
- Compatible backwards with WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac WiFi
- Five (10) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN & 4 LAN
- Concentration of dual port gigabit ports
- 5G / 2.5G / 1G multi-station Ethernet LAN port
The Netgear AX12 is obviously the largest of the pair, with better hardware specifications and promised WPA3. Unfortunately, it will not be available until sometime in early 2019 for an unknown price. The AX8, however, will be released in December for $ 399.99. In fact, you can even pre-order here now.