During the night, NPD Group analysts published a list of the most successful games from 1995 to 2017. Not surprisingly, in recent years the US has been dominated by the call of Call of Duty.
During the night, market researchers from the NPD Group provided interesting statistics on the history of the US video game industry.
This list allows the most successful games to be reviewed from 1995 to 2017 and shows, among other things, that Nintendo in the late 1990s, despite the dominance of PlayStation, still has successful titles. Big names such as "Super Mario 64", "Mario Kart 64" or "The Zelda legend: Ocarina of Time".
About the topic: USA: Spider-Man in September 2018 in record – PS4 back to top
While the Madden NFL series became more and more established in the early 2000s, the successful "Call of Duty" shooter series was dominated by the past few years. He described the promise of review.
It should be noted in this case that only the turnover generated by the main game was used to collect the scores. DLCs or add-ons did not matter.
The most successful games from 1995 to 2017 (US)
- 1995: Mortal Kombat 3
- 1996: Super Mario 64
- 1997: Mario Kart
- 1998: Zelda's legend: Ocarina of Time
- 1999: Donkey Kong (64)
- 2000: Pokemon Stadium
- 2001: Madden NFL 2002
- 2002: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- 2003: The Madden NFL 2004
- 2004: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- 2005: The Madden NFL 06
- 2006: Madden NFL 07
- 2007: Guitar Hero III: Rock Legends
- 2008: rock band
- 2009: Call of Duty: Modern War 2
- 2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 2012: Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 2013: Grand Theft Auto V
- 2014: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 2015: Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 2016: Call of Duty: Infinite War
- 2017: Call of Duty: World War II
More news about sales charts.