Sunday , March 7 2021

Mom goes blind to one eye after she wears contact lenses while she's swimming



<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0m) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = microscopic parasite retained on its cornea swimming while wearing contact lenses. A woman was blind to one eye, since a tiny parasite held her cornea while she was swimming while wearing contact lenses.

Stacey Peoples, 49, was on vacation in Michigan with her family on July 4th, when she conceived acanthamoeba keratitis, a rare infection in which an amoeba attacks on the outer layer of the eye. It can be seen again thanks to a corneal transplant.

"My eye looked like a zombie," said Peoples, "the pain was so intense, I felt that someone was killing an elastic film against my eye every four or five seconds."

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) migraines and ran into an emergency room in Michigan when she lost sight of her left eye in 2014. People said they had experienced severe migraines and ran into an emergency room in Michigan when she lost sight to her left eye in 2014.

"All I could see was white," the people said. "The pain was so bad, I asked them to take my eyes, but they said they had to do everything to save it."

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) contamination from a local swimming pool while swimming with her son during her vacation. "My four-year-old Colorado Mother believes she was caught by a local pool while she was swimming with her son during her vacation.

According to the CDC, 85 percent of cases of acanthamoeba keratitis occur to contact lens users because lenses create small abrasions in the eye, which facilitate the bonding of the amoeba when the eye comes in contact with water.

The people were forced to take seven months of their work to fight the infection, which completely destroyed the outer layer of her eye. She remained completely blind to her left eye.

"I was prescribed eye drops that contain essentially a pool cleaner to kill the parasite," said Peoples.

He had to apply drops to the eyes every few hours.

Fortunately, she was able to undergo a corneal transplant after the incident. In 2015, he was brought to the Good Samaritan Medical Center in Colorado and is now in a position to see.

"They removed the damaged cornea and replaced it," said Peoples. "When the patch came out two days after the surgery, it was amazing."

With glasses, she has 20/20 eyesight in her eye. Now he warns others about the dangers of contact with water.

"This is rare, but it can happen, even if you have done it for 20 years like me," Laiko said.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em)RELATED PERFORMANCES"data-reactid =" 36 ">RELATED PERFORMANCES

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) Girl, 11, temporarily blind from the color contact lenses she wore in the Halloween, says mother "Data-reactid =" 37 "> Girl, 11, Temporarily blind from the color contact lenses she wore at the Halloween, says mother

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) Retired Seafarer Becomes First Typical Face for the Pacific Series: "This was a Phenomenon to Me" "data-reactid =" 38 "> Retired Seafarer Becomes First Blind Person on the Pacific Line:" That Was Phenomenon to Me "

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) The bus driver helps the Blind Junction Road after construction, blocks its normal course "data-reacttid =" 39 "> The bus driver helps Blind Street after construction, blocks its normal course

Relevant Articles:


Source link