Yesterday, 8 November (8:07)
Update: Yesterday, 8 November (08:50)
On Thursday, Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo signed a binding long-term contract for the purchase of LNG gas with Cheniere Marketing International. The contract was concluded for 24 years.
PGNiG has signed a gas supply contract at the LNG terminal in Świnoujście / photo. Albin Marciniak / Eastern News
"The Board of Directors of Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo SA (" PGNiG ", the" Company ") announces that on 8 November 2018, after the acquisition of the required corporate approvals, a binding long-term Cheniere Marketing / LNG International, LLP ("Cheniere") – states in the statement of the company.
As added, the contract with Cheniere for deliveries to their LNG terminal. President Lech Kaczyński in Świnoujście was completed for 24 years. LNG supplies will be: – in the years 2019 – 2022, approximately 0.73 billion cubic meters. gas after regasification together for the whole period. in the years 2023 – 2042 approximately 39 billion cubic meters. after regasification, over the whole period, ie about 1.95 billion cubic meters. gas after regasification per year.
Deliveries will be delivered to Ship Delivery.
– The agreed terms of the contract, including the competitive price, are fully satisfactory for PGNiG. Thanks to this agreement, we will have regular, growing LNG supplies from the US since 2019. LNG's share in our import portfolio is steadily increasing. The dynamically growing global liquefied gas market allows us to choose among the best deals in this segment – commented Piotr Woźniak, Chairman of the Board of Directors of PGNiG SA.
– PGNiG is a major partner of Cheniere in the growing European market and we look forward to our long-term partnership that will ensure safe and convenient supply of clean fuel from PGNiG, such as LNG – said Jack Fusco, Cheniere's chairman and CEO . "This agreement supports our Cheniere development plans, it is part of our business of signing contracts with a wide range of customers around the world and reinforcing our leadership in the US LNG area," he added.
LNG loads from Cheniere will flow to Poland from Pass Sabine Condensing Terminals in Louisiana and Corpus Christi in Texas.
PGNiG plans to sign two new LNG contracts
PGNiG, which has just signed a long-term liquefied gas supply agreement with Cheniere Marketing International LLP, plans to sign two more LNG contracts – said PGNiG President Piotr Woźniak.
– We are planning two more LNG procurement contracts. We want to create a full supply portfolio – Woźniak said during the press conference.
– We sign different LNG contracts with companies from the US, all have a common thing – it is 20-30 percent. cheaper than it currently purchases natural gas from Russia – he added.
President Andrzej Duda: Poland wants very close and works with the US in the field of security
Poland is very close and wants to work with the United States in the field of security – said President Andrzej Duda, referring to the agreement signed on Thursday by PGNiG with Cheniere Marketing International.
He noted that he hoped that the agreement signed on Thursday would be an introduction to further action.
Danda said there are American military units in America today. – I am delighted that this cooperation is also being developed in the field of energy security. If I look at it, I can say boldly: this is the true transatlantic partnership, this is the true partnership between Poland and the United States, which I also dreamed – I can say with full responsibility – President Lech Kaczynski – said Duda .
He thanked Cheniere Marketing International and PGNiG for "the fact that this contract has been concluded".
– I believe that cooperation between companies will be perfect and that this extremely important step, extremely important, because it not only means close cooperation between Poland and the United States, but especially in the energy sector. Because I want to emphasize once again, which means long-term and long-term cooperation, that it will be an introduction to further activities to be implemented on this issue – he stressed.
US Secretary of Energy for the PGNiG agreement with Cheniere Marketing International: It's a great day for all of Europe
It is a great collaboration and a great day for Europe. the diversification of energy sources is equal to the power of the Polish economy – said US Energy Secretary Rick Perry, commenting on the agreement of PGNiG with Cheniere Marketing International.
– I wanted to bend my head for understanding how important the differentiation is. In the United States, we are fortunate to be able to offer this energy, thanks to American technology, innovation – and thank God – these resources are now available to us, "he added.
As he said, "Cheniere, one of the major LNG and PGNiG companies, is" a great partnership. " – This is a message for the whole of Europe, which is how you can develop the future of Europe, energy security, diversify energy sources – this is a great day for Europe – Perry said.
PAP / INTERIA.PL