HMD Global, the headquarters of Nokia phones, today announced that both Nokia 6.1 Plus users and Nokia 6.1 users get the upgraded Android 9 Pie.
Packed with Google's latest software and based on the capabilities of Android 8.0 Oreo ™, Android 9 Pie has artificial intelligence and mechanical learning to give owners a more customized and customized experience.
Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1, enhanced with Android One, are Nokia's latest smartphones last month to receive Android 9 Pie after Nokia 7 Plus. The upgrade to Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 is part of HMD Global's promise to continue delivering a clean, secure and up-to-date Android experience. The latest upgrades come with a clean, fast UI that provides the latest innovation from Google. In addition, each Android ™ One smartphone from Nokia will receive monthly security updates for a period of three years and operating system updates for two years.
Per Ekman, Asia Pacific Vice President, HMD Global, said: "We are excited to announce the upgrading of Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 to Android 9 Pie, except for Nokia 7 Plus, which was upgraded in October. Nokia is resilient in the future, as we see in our commitment to providing our fans with new operating system updates and clean, safe and up-to-date Android. With Android 9 Pie, we are also proud to offer an experience where our fans are making the most of Android their phones. "
Shannon Mead, Country Manager, Philippines, HMD Global, said: "At HMD Global, we are focusing on reliable mobile telephony innovation, which aims to create telephones as long-term partners that have a positive impact on our clients' lifestyles. the Nokia Philippines, we will continue to offer the best Android experience, absolute design and craftsmanship at all price points. "
Nokia 6.1 Plus
The Nokia 6.1 Plus has surpassed its unprecedented record-breaking success, evolving at record speeds and receiving tremendous praise for its all-screen design with Full HD 19: 9 screen, allowing for an impressive content deepening experience. Now, with the updated Android ™ 9 Pie update, fans can try out a whole new set of features, including Application Actions, an exclusive feature on Android One and Google Pixel phones.
Powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 636 processor, Nokia 6.1 Plus is faster than ever. The impressive 3060mAh battery gives it extra boost by introducing Adaptive Battery, which uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritises battery power in the most important applications.
Nokia smartphones that have received the Android 9 Piece Update are also one of the first Non-Pixel devices to receive a taste of the Digital Wellbeing Beta Preview, which is now available for testing on Google Play for devices running Android 9 Pie.
The new features of Digital Wellbeing will help to encourage breaks from the screen. The new features include the length of the device on the instrument cluster, the timing of application usage, and the Wind Down Mode setting, which fades the phone to a gray scale and activates Do Not Disturb to a predefined night time.
Powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 630 Mobile Platform, Nokia 6.1 is over 60% faster than its predecessor. The Nokia 6.1 is also equipped with Dual-Sight enhanced optical system, ZEISS, USB-C fast charging, Nokia's surround sound and clean, secure and up-to-date Android.
By choosing to join the Android One family of Google, Nokia 6.1 users can get exclusive access to the Action Actions, a feature available only on Android One and Google Pixel. Application Actions help users to do things faster by predicting their next move and instantly displaying the right action.
Just like Nokia 6.1 Plus, the already impressive battery life of Nokia 6.1 is complemented by Adaptive Battery on Android 9 Pie.
Key Features of Android 9 Pie
· Application apps – Helps you do things faster by predicting the next move and displaying the right action on your phone
· Slices – Identifies relevant information from your favorite apps to make it easier to access when you need them
· Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power in major applications
· Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adjusts the brightness of the phone by learning from your interactions with different settings
· New navigation system – Features a single home button that provides smart predictions and suggestions (user-friendly)
The features of digital wellness are available from September 2018
· Control panel – Indicates the duration of the screen and the use of the phone, including the number of unlocks of the device and the number of notifications received
· Application timers – Define time limits for using the application
· Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Sets a daily schedule to prepare your phone for bedding. Your screen dims to a gray scale while Do not disturb silent notifications for a restful sleep. You can turn on Do not disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
Join digital wellness workshops Improve video footage by visiting Nokia's beta workshops & subscribe for updates.