The BBC has made a list of the world's most terrible football pitches. De Kuip is in the top ten because of the claim that "during soccer matches for home and home fans, he is painful due to claustrophobic design," says Algemeen Dagblad.
The reason for the BBC to make this list is the final of the South American counterpart of the Champions League. In this, Argentine opponents Boca Juniors and River Plate compete with each other. In the eyes of the British channel, Boca has already won a prize, the world's most frightening stage.
Feyenoord is in sixth position according to the BBC. The first seven at a glance:
1. Estadio Alberto J. Armando / La Bombonera, Buenos Aires – Boca Juniors
2. Stage Rajko Mitic / Marrakech – Red Star Belgrade
3. Estadio Hernando Siles, La Paz, Bolivia
4. Türk Telekom Arena, Istanbul – Galatasaray S.K.
Stage San Paolo – ssc Napoli
6. Stage Feijenoord / De Kuip, Rotterdam – Feyenoord
7. Mestalla Station – Valencia CF