Saturday , January 16 2021

A woman died after receiving an overdose of Botox in Hong Kong



A 52-year-old woman died this morning in Hong Kong after receiving an overdose of Botox in a cosmetic clinic, the third case of this kind in less than a month in China, the Hong Kong daily reported Post to the South China Morning Post.

According to this report, clinic staff announced around 5 pm on Sunday that the woman, named Cheung, was failing after Botox treatment.

After being transferred to a critical condition at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, health workers certified her death at 09:42 local time (01:42 GMT) on Monday.

According to police sources cited by the digital, the woman would have received more than ten botox injections in the center, which has not yet pronounced on the subject.

Medical prisoner

As a result of this situation, the plastic surgeon was arrested Franklin Li Wang-pong, Age 86, previously discontinued for five months due to another patient's death.

The professional participated in a fatal liposuction procedure in 2003 and was arrested this Monday for violating regulations on the use of hazardous drugs.

Botulinum toxin, known as Botox, is a neurotoxin used as a treatment for certain neurological diseases and as a cosmetic product to eliminate facial wrinkles.

However, in high doses it may cause progressive muscular paralysis, breathing difficulties and even death.


Source link