A young woman with a life-threatening peanut allergy says her children were terrified when she suffered an allergic reaction during the middle flight.
Amber Lee has failed to pull walnuts on an internal flight in Australia on Monday, but believes that the leftover nut from another passenger has caused a serious reaction.
Queensland's mother said her daughters were "emotionally affected in a huge way," believing she would die on the plane.
"I'm not afraid of the worst for myself but I'm afraid the worst for my kids," he said
Mrs Lee explained she often travels for her work as a speech physician.
"Every flight, I have to risk my life when you do not have children is a different ball game but it affects me more now."
Having a specialty in pediatric nutrition, it is required to fly to Australia and internationally to train other health professionals.
She revealed that this is not the first time she has reacted. In 2011, a difficult situation occurred when the symptoms began to appear while she was pregnant with her older age.
"On the ground, I had anaphylactic shock, the organs start to close, my heart stops beating, but I've never been to a cardiac arrest."
He said he had to take many precautions and he always lived within 15 minutes of a hospital.
"There is a perception Epipens will save you, but you really only buy time. If you go to shock or heart attack, you need a lot more adrenaline than a few pens."
Mrs Lee wants airlines to change their policy or at least one emergency kit with the right tools.
"If they have this, then no one will ever die of any allergen in the air," said Ms. Lee.
In a long position on his Facebook page, he explained the difficulty of having a high-risk allergy, wanting to raise awareness about some of the ways in which a reaction can be avoided.
"Having a life-threatening airborne allergy is like getting on an airplane and staying the whole flight with a person holding a loaded gun on your head is horrible," he wrote, along with a picture of her badly swollen face.
He encouraged others to avoid bringing walnuts on airplanes or buying them while in the sky.
"If demand stops, it may be more desirable to remove them from the menu," writes Mrs Lee.
"To support those who live with it. It's really an absurd traumatic thing to live with."
A spokesman for Jetstar told Yahoo7 News that they had been informed about Mrs Lee's experience and that they were trying to get in touch with her.
"Jetstar does not sell pistachios and we have medical equipment on board if a customer suffers from a serious allergic reaction," they said.
"However, we have some meals and snacks that contain traces of nuts. These meals and snacks are clearly labeled.
"As other customers can bring their own food on board, we can not guarantee cabins without walnuts."
Mrs Lee has recognized that, statistically, people who have life-threatening reactions to the smell of an allergen are "very small," but they hope that others understand its severity for those who suffer.
"Allergens are everywhere along with horrible reactions," he said.
"But if we could at least try to reduce the number of airborne allergens that are served or are in confined spaces, it would be a terrible step forward."