Thursday , August 22 2019
Home / africa / The AB World Cup U-turn is a "garbage history"

The AB World Cup U-turn is a "garbage history"



[ad_1]

Cape Town – Former Proteas coach Ray Jennings says he does not believe that AB de Villiers was left available for the South African Cricket World Cup campaign 24 hours before the team announced.

"AB is the most sincere person – he certainly is not selfish as a player I would put my life on the line so I say that it is a trash that would wait until 24 hours before the announcement of the team to be made available to him" said in an interview Netwerk24.

It was mentioned earlier that De Villiers, who was then in India, had approached national captain Faf du Plessis and coach Ottis Gibson before announcing the 15-nation World Cup team, declaring his intentions to play at the event.

The news was transferred to South Africa's Cricket Chief Linda Zondi, but it was decided to refuse De Villiers' request to be fair to other players.

But Jennings feels there were more things behind the scenes than the audience had led to believe.

"I would have expected this from an arrogant Kevin Pietersen or Graeme Smith, but certainly not from AB, I just know him very well to believe he will do that." There is another story behind the scenes to be said. "

De Villiers has not yet commented on himself.

[ad_2]
Source link